hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposed bylaws for the Hadoop project
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 20:41:23 GMT
These look good to me.  +1

A few minor changes I'd prefer but not insist on:

  - Replace the term "developer" with "contributor".  This seems more
precise and consistent with our wiki documentation.

  - Emeritus timeout should be 12 months instead of 6.  Perhaps this
doesn't matter, since we're not bound to make someone emeritus after six
months, but events might reasonably keep someone away for six, and I
think we've generally not bothered to make anyone emeritus until they've
been idle for 12 months, so 12 months seems more descriptive of our
actual practice.

Thanks for proposing this!

Doug