hadoop-general mailing list archives

From himanshu chandola <himanshu_cool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Size of BytesWritable
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 23:46:00 GMT
Hi Everyone,
I am writing binary files using SequenceFile.Writer and what I am seeing is that the resulting
file is much greater than what it should be.
Here's my calculation, if someone can point out what is wrong in this it would be great:

A Sequence File should have its own header : some constant bytes.
Every BytesWritable written to the sequence file should be : number of bytes in the byte array
for the BytesWritable plus an object header (probably 4 bytes for the header).

The total size of the file should be the sum of the above two. Is this fine ?

Thanks

Himanshu

Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why Not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.