hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Alberto Luengo Cabanillas <cabi...@gmail.com>
Subject TWO QUESTIONS ABOUT LOGS & DEBUGGING IN HADOOP
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2009 16:55:53 GMT
Hi everyone! In a project involving Hadoop (0.20.1) I´m working, I´d need to
know if I´m reading properly the content of a file located in the HDFS.
Beside the try...catch block, is there any other option for printing values
in the console (in a similar way standard IO Java mechanisms do, like
System.out.println("the variable is ", var))?
Another thing, is there a simply way to debug Hadoop applications? (actually
I´m working in pseudo-distributed mode, for developing purposes).
Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Alberto