hadoop-general mailing list archives

From himanshu chandola <himanshu_cool...@yahoo.com>
Subject reduce copier failed
Date Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:05:33 GMT
Hi,
I have a reduce copier that dies away everytime my 10 iterations of map and reduce pass through:
java.io.IOException: attempt_200910061342_0139_r_000001_0The reduce copier failed
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run(ReduceTask.java:255)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:2210)

Finally the job dies due to this. I thought that it could happen due to low diskspace, but
I've estimated the disk space required by the reduce output and the current free disk space
is enough to accomodate this.

If anyone could point out to anything it'll be great! I'm running cloudera's build :Version:
0.18.3-14.

Thanks

 Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why Not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.