hadoop-general mailing list archives

Subject Re: Starting Hadoop cluster on EC2
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:06:58 GMT
Awesome.  Thanks, Vaibhav.  Made progress.  No error messages from
./all-start.sh

I will test to see if the cluster is deployed properly.

Question:  On the slave, when I do:

ps -eaf | grep 'hadoop'

I don't see any processes.  Shouldn't I see 2 processes - one for Datanode
and the other for TaskTracker?

Please let me know.  Thanks again.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:44 PM, Vaibhav Puranik <vpuranik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I pretty much meant that.
>
> Add your master's public key to authorized_keys on slaves too.
>
> Regards,
> Vaibhav
>

> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Something Something <
> mailinglists19@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Sorry.. but not sure what you mean by... "In order to achieve that you
> need
> > to add the keypair  you are using to your
> > auhtorized_keys file in the home dir/.ssh folder."
> >

> > I tried this....
> >
> > cat KeyPair.pem >> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
> >
> > Is that what you meant by "add the keypair to authorized_keys"?
> >
> > Still can't ssh from Slave to Master.  It says.....  Permission denied
> > (publickey).
> >

> > Sorry, I am a newbie when it comes to such environment issues.  Thanks
> for
> > your patience.  It's greatly appreciated.
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Vaibhav Puranik <vpuranik@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > You need to be able to SSH without specifying the keypair from a slave
> > > master (I think reverse it true too, but I am not sure).
> > >
> > > In order to achieve that you need to add the keypair  you are using to
> > your
> > > auhtorized_keys file in the home dir/.ssh folder.
> > >
> > > Once you setup passphraseless ssh, it should start working. Furthrmore,
> > > after you set this up, try to ssh manully (without key) and if it asks
> > you
> > > the following message - say yes:
> > >
> > > The authenticity of host
> > > 'ec2-147-127-186-243.compute-1.amazonaws.com(147.127.186.243)' can't
> > > be established.
> > > RSA key fingerprint is 4b:63:e2:23:16:6f:b6:99:de:34:f6:9b:f5:55:73:8b.
> > > Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> > > Warning: Permanently added
> > > 'ec2-147-127-186-243.compute-1.amazonaws.com,147.127.186.243'
> > > (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
> > >
> > > In other words, you have to make sure that the machine you are trying
> > > ssh
> > > is in your known_hosts file.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vaibhav