hadoop-general mailing list archives

Subject Re: Starting Hadoop cluster on EC2
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 21:38:24 GMT
Sorry.. but not sure what you mean by... "In order to achieve that you need
to add the keypair  you are using to your
auhtorized_keys file in the home dir/.ssh folder."

I tried this....

cat KeyPair.pem >> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys

Is that what you meant by "add the keypair to authorized_keys"?

Still can't ssh from Slave to Master.  It says.....  Permission denied
(publickey).

Sorry, I am a newbie when it comes to such environment issues.  Thanks for
your patience.  It's greatly appreciated.

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM, Vaibhav Puranik <vpuranik@gmail.com>wrote:

> You need to be able to SSH without specifying the keypair from a slave to
> master (I think reverse it true too, but I am not sure).
>
> In order to achieve that you need to add the keypair  you are using to your
> auhtorized_keys file in the home dir/.ssh folder.
>
> Once you setup passphraseless ssh, it should start working. Furthrmore,
> after you set this up, try to ssh manully (without key) and if it asks you
> the following message - say yes:
>
> The authenticity of host
> 'ec2-147-127-186-243.compute-1.amazonaws.com(147.127.186.243)' can't
> be established.
> RSA key fingerprint is 4b:63:e2:23:16:6f:b6:99:de:34:f6:9b:f5:55:73:8b.
> Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
> Warning: Permanently added
> 'ec2-147-127-186-243.compute-1.amazonaws.com,147.127.186.243'
> (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
>
> In other words, you have to make sure that the machine you are trying to
> ssh
> is in your known_hosts file.
>
> Regards,
> Vaibhav
>
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Something Something <
> mailinglists19@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, Vaibhav.  That was helpful.  I am able to scp from my local
> machine
> > after I opened port 22 under my security group.
> >
> > But my cluster is still not starting as expected.  I mean... on my Master
> > when I run:
> >
> > ./start-all.sh
> >
> > I get messages saying...
> >
> > 10.252.xxx.xxx: Permission denied (publickey).
> >
> > where 10.252.xxx.xxx is the ip address of my Slave.
> >

> > I can ssh from my Slave to master if I do this:
> >
> > ssh -i <keypairname>.pem <Master's ip address>
> >

> > Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help.
> >

> > On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Vaibhav Puranik <vpuranik@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > In order to use scp from your machine to an ec2 instance you need to
> use
> > > scp
> > > -i and give it the path of your keypair.
> > >
> > > scp -i /path/my/ec2/keypair  <souce> <destination>
> > >
> > > Secondly in order to configure an ec2 cluster for Hadoop, you need to
> > make
> > > security group (let's call it hadoop) and give hadoop access to hadoop.
> > >
> > > You can read more about security groups here -
> > >

> http://somic.org/2009/09/21/security-groups-most-underappreciated-feature-of-amazon-ec2/
> > >
> > > You also need to make sure that you can ssh from all the slaves to
> master
> > > without specifying password.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Vaibhav Puranik