hadoop-general mailing list archives

Subject Re: Starting Hadoop cluster on EC2
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 16:36:48 GMT
Seems like I am not explaining my problem correctly.

My Key Pair file is on my machine at work which is behind a corp firewall.
 As such I can't 'scp' from the ec2 instance to my local machine at work to
'get' the file.  So I need a way to 'send' a file from my machine to the ec2
instance.  I tried using 'scp' (from my machine at work) to the ec2 machine
but it says "Permission denied".  Does this make sense?

May be I need to use the command line tools for EC2.  I am looking into
those right now, but if there's a better/easier way, please let me know.

Thanks once again for your help.