hadoop-general mailing list archives

Subject Starting Hadoop cluster on EC2
Date Sun, 22 Nov 2009 00:57:34 GMT
Trying to start a Hadoop cluster on EC2.  (Yes, Cloudera's distribution
works well, but trying to do this myself so I can learn what's happening
behind the scene.)

I have a Master & a Slave.  When I start HDFS on the master, I get a message
saying "10.xxx.xxx.xxx (Permission denied)" - where 10.xxx is IP address of
the slave.

Basic problem (I think) is that I can't ssh from the master EC2 instance to
the Slave EC2 instance.  What's the best way to fix it?  I think I need the
"Key Pair" file on my master.  I have a key pair on my local machine, but
how do I transfer it to the EC2 machine?  (I know, I know, I agree.. I am
dumb :)  Should I FTP it?

Please help.  Thanks.