hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Something Something <luckyguy2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question about MapReduce
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 05:36:47 GMT
If the answer is...

TableMapReduceUtil.initTableMapperJob

I apologize for the spam.  If this isn't the right way, please let me know.  Thanks.

--- On Wed, 10/14/09, Something Something <luckyguy2050@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Something Something <luckyguy2050@yahoo.com>
Subject: Question about MapReduce
To: general@hadoop.apache.org, hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 10:18 PM

I would like to start a Map-Reduce job that does not read data from an input file or from
a database.  I would like to pass 3 arguments to the Mapper & Reducer to work on.  Basically,
these arguments are keys on the 3 different tables on HBase.

In other words, I don't want to use FileInputFormat or DbInputFormat because everything I
need is already on HBase.

How can I do this?  Please let me know.  Thanks.