hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase configuration...
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:52:24 GMT
yes, the standalone version uses file:///tmp to store data, to allow
people to get up and running without HDFS.  And you are exactly
correct, with /tmp being cleaned on reboot on many distros.  Grep for
/tmp in hbase-default.xml to find the setting.

-ryan

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 12:47 AM, stephen mulcahy
<stephen.mulcahy@deri.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could be way off the mark here - but if you are running HBase on top of
> Hadoop in the default configuration then it may be using /tmp for HDFS. This
> gets wiped on reboot which would cause the problems you are seeing.
>
> -stephen
>
> stack wrote:
>>
>> Shut it down cleanly (./bin/stop-hbase.sh).  My guess is that you are
>> killing it before it has chance to flush its in-memory state.
>>
>> HBase questions will get more timely response if posted to the hbase lists
>> (see hbase.org).
>>
>> Yours,
>> St.Ack St.Ack
>>

>> On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Something Something
>> <luckyguy2050@yahoo.com
>>>
>>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I noticed that if I start HBase in "standalone" mode it creates a table
>>> in
>>> memory.  In other words, after rebooting the machine, the table goes