hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Meil <doug.m...@explorysmedical.com>
Subject RE: Question about MapReduce
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:34:03 GMT
Hi there-

I didn't see the option in the thread yet which seems pretty straightforward:

When setting up the job:

    Job job = new Job(conf, "my job");

    conf.setStrings("param", "param1");

And then in the map method:

      String paramVal = context.getConfiguration().get("param");

This is using Hadoop .20 syntax, the previous verison had a 'configure' method you had to
implement.

-----Original Message-----
From: Something Something [mailto:luckyguy2050@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 2:31 PM
To: hbase-user@hadoop.apache.org; Hadoop
Subject: Re: Question about MapReduce

1) I don't think TableInputFormat is useful in this case.  Looks like it's used for scanning
columns from a single HTable.
2) TableMapReduceUtil - same problem.  Seems like this works with just one table.
3) JV recommended NLineInputFormat, but my parameters are not in a file.  They come from multiple
files and are in memory.

I guess what I am looking for is something like... InMemoryInputFormat... similar to FileInputFormat
& DbInputFormat.  There's no such class right now.

Worse comes to worst, I can write the parameters into a flat file, and use FileInputFormat
- but that will slow down this process considerably.  Is there no other way?