hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jason Venner <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: katta and hadoop index contrib
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 03:47:21 GMT
Currently Katta, will pull the index out of HDFS and deploy it on local
disk.
HDFS is not known for low latency random access, and index lookups generally
require low latency random access.

I seem to remember that someone had a patch that allowed lucene to directly
access files in hdfs for the index, for readon ly access, but I do not
remember the reference.