hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Alberto Luengo Cabanillas <cabi...@gmail.com>
Subject SIMPLE QUESTIONS ABOUT DISTRIBUTEDCACHE...
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:48:35 GMT
Hi everyone! I´m trying to distribute some common data between my nodes, but
I´m unable to do it. I have some questions about this:

1.- I´m working in PseudoDistributed mode in Windows (under Cygwin) and my
DFS server is running on a virtual machine (Ubuntu server). May I use
DistributedCache normally with this configuration?
2.-In the case of the Mapper nodes, in the Driver class I add these two
lines:

URI uriMapper =new URI("/user/hadoop-user/data/mapper_configuration.dat");
(I also verify this file already exists in the DFS).
DistributedCache.addCacheFile(uriMapper,conf);

3.- In the Mapper class, I have this:

@Override
    protected void setup(Context cont) {
       String configureCacheName = new
Path("/user/hadoop-user/data/mapper_configuration.dat").getName();
       Path [] cacheFiles =
DistributedCache.getLocalCacheFiles(cont.getConfiguration());
       System.out.println("The file is: "+cacheFiles.toString());
    }

Does anyone have an idea about what I´m doing wrong? (I´m going crazy,
actually...)

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Alberto