hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edwardy...@apache.org>
Subject Discussion about Hamburg (provisional name) open sourcing
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 02:26:58 GMT
Hello communities,

I'm the one of the Hamburg (provisional name), which is the graph
computing framework on Hadoop sponsor. Now we're working on the
perfection of our prototype project, and we'll propose the Hamburg
project soon.

- http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hamburg, a wiki page
- http://throb.googlecode.com/, a prototype project

BTW, before we decide to propose, we need time just to consider where
it belongs to.

Since it aims to create a "general graph computing framework" on
Hadoop, I'd like to propose it as a sub-project of Hadoop. On the
other hand, since the matrix and graph are both in the domain of
scientific computing and BSP model could be used for matrix
computation areas, I think this project also can be integrated with
the Hama project.

WDYT? Any advices are welcome.

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org