hadoop-general mailing list archives

From himanshu chandola <himanshu_cool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: printing only values and not keys in hadoop output files
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2009 19:48:39 GMT
I actually fixed that by overriding generateActualKey in MultipleOutputFormat which I use to
return null.

thanks

 Morpheus: Do you believe in fate, Neo?
Neo: No.
Morpheus: Why Not?
Neo: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.

----- Original Message ----
From: himanshu chandola <himanshu_coolguy@yahoo.com>
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Saturday, September 5, 2009 7:47:58 PM
Subject: Re: printing only values and not keys in hadoop output files

Thanks for the suggestion.

I am using TextOutputFormat and I think that should work. But I use MultipleOutputFormat to
output key,value pairs with certain key values to a file with a given name while others to
a file with a different name. So if I output null for my keys after the reducer, I guess it
would create problems.

Any other way you could think of ?