hadoop-general mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: HTTP transport?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:57:33 GMT
On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:

> Alternately, we could try to make Avro's RPC more HTTP-friendly, and pull
> stuff out of Avro's payload into HTTP headers.  The downside of that would
> be that, if we still wish to support non-HTTP transports, we'd end up with
> duplicated logic.

There would be loads of upside I'd imagine if there was a natural mapping of
avro payload specifiers and metadata up into http headers in terms of
visibility

So, are we're talking about doing something like following for a
request/response:

 GET /avro/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.RegionServer HTTP/1.1
 Host: www.example.com

 HTTP/1.1 200 OK