hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Stuart White <stuart.whi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: printing only values and not keys in hadoop output files
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 23:07:57 GMT
Assuming you're writing plain-text output files using TextOutputFormat,
which normally outputs key/value pairs delimited with a Tab, you can emit a
null for your key, and neither a key nor the Tab delimiter will get written
to the output file.  (At least, I'm pretty sure that's right... I'm not
where I can run a quick test to verify...)