hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jason Venner <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integrating Lucene in Hadoop
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 04:30:13 GMT
Katta is a tool for managing distributed search, which happens by default to
use lucene as it' search engine.
Katta is able to read indexes from hdfs, or s3, that katta then deploys onto
the local disk of the katta nodes.

The contrib directory of the hadoop installation contains a tool for
building lucene indexes, and patch solr-1395, provides an integration of
solr with katta, and patch solr-1301 provides a simple way of building solr
indexes in hadoop (as a parallel to the contrib lucene index build tool).