hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Alberto Luengo Cabanillas <cabi...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about remote execution with Hadoop
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:21:40 GMT
Hi everyone!
I´m actually working on a project involving Map-Reduce and genetics
algorithms (with an iterative approach). I´m developing this project with
Eclipse 3.5 (with PigPen and Hadoop 0.18.1 plugins integrated). There´s a
class called "Client" which is actually the entry point to the MapReduce
Runtime System (user data introduction, etc). There´s also a "MRPGAMaster"
file, which works as the Driver for the Hadoop framework. In this class
there´s a "main" method where I declare the job to submit to Map-Reduce (as
usual) so as the Mapper, Reducer, etc, but I´m having problems finding a way
to call this "main" method from the "main" method in the "Client" class.
I´ve tried this:

MRPGAMaster master = new MRPGAMaster();
master.main();

but the job in MRPGAMaster is executed locally and not in the HDFS (which is
running in a Virtual Machine).
What I´m trying to do is possible? Does anyone have any idea?.
Thanks a lot!
--
Alberto