hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Something Something <luckyguy2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HBase configuration...
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 22:33:00 GMT
Hmmm.. Interesting... I could swear the 2nd time around I had run stop-hbase.sh before rebooting.
 But may be I didn't wait long enough.  My job adds over 100 million rows to a table.  I
have plenty of free space on my hard drive, so I am assuming this will all work in "standalone"
mode, correct?  (Just doing a proof of concept for now.)

In any case, thanks for the reply.  It sounds like the tables should get persisted to disk.
 Will try once again.  Thanks.

--- On Wed, 9/30/09, stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

From: stack <stack@duboce.net>
Subject: Re: HBase configuration...
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2009, 2:42 PM

Shut it down cleanly (./bin/stop-hbase.sh).  My guess is that you are
killing it before it has chance to flush its in-memory state.

HBase questions will get more timely response if posted to the hbase lists
(see hbase.org).

Yours,
St.Ack St.Ack

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Something Something <luckyguy2050@yahoo.com