hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] create security@hadoop.apache.org
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:42:08 GMT
With the upcoming freeze of Map/Reduce 0.21, for the first time, we
have code that is critical from a system security perspective. As
outlined on http://www.apache.org/security/committers.html this will
be a private list with only committers that are working on the
security aspects of Hadoop. The use of the list will be strictly
limited to collecting security issues from users so that they can
fixed and released before they are announced on public forums, such as
jira. Clearly, I'm +1.

On a related note, my plan is to work on getting full Kerberos
integration for 0.22. We've come a long way without any authentication
in Hadoop, but it is getting important to start closing the holes.

-- Owen