hadoop-general mailing list archives

From fred wang <fredwang...@gmail.com>
Subject run WordCount example have many fetch-failure issues randomly but finally succeed,
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:24:34 GMT
 It runs very well at the first several times, but when run it again, the
hadoop system become pretty much slow and show the following errors during
the runnig process(map 100% reduce: 22%) though it finally succeed.
    Info mapred.JobClient: Task Id : attempt_xxx_0030_m_002_0, Status:
FAILED: many fetch_failures
 When I run it again, it become OK until same failures after another several
time run.  Any potential reasons?  How can I probe this issue? Thx.