hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Bogdan M. Maryniuk" <bogdan.maryn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with starting the Jobtracker and thenamenode
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 02:47:26 GMT
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Xine Jar<xinejar22@googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2.How can I check that ipv6 is really disabled on my JVM?

You've mentioned it is Linux, but how do I know what distribution of
Linux's zoo you use?

On Ubuntu it is sort of like this:
In the file "/etc/modprobe.d/aliases" find "alias net-pf-10 ipv6",
remove it and add the following:

alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off

Then reboot (welcome to the Linux).

On RedHat and derivatives it is like this:
echo "alias net-pf-10 off" >>  /etc/modprobe.conf <ENTER>

Then reboot (insert your ironic joke here). :-)

> and in which file can I insert the flag -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true?
It is just a JVM parameter for a networking:
1. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/net/properties.html
2. http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/net/ipv6_guide/#ipv6-networking

See $HADOOP/conf/hadoop-env.sh and look for HADOOP_OPTS that is
commented out by default.

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.