hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Bogdan M. Maryniuk" <bogdan.maryn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tools to help administer a cluster?
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:08:49 GMT
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 6:06 PM, tim robertson<timrobertson100@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking for something that allows easy ability to copy over a new
> Hadoop distribution and sync all the config files etc.  I'm not very
> good at system admin, so hoping there is are some tools to help speed
> things up.

HINT: Password-less here SSH is not just because Doug wanted so. :)
/bin/bash with SSH/scp are your very opensource friends, e.g.:

for hostname in `cat $HADOOP/slaves`;
do
   echo "Doing stuff on $hostname";
   scp /local/file.txt $hostname:/path/on/remote/host/;
   ssh $hostname cat /path/on/remote/host/file.txt;
done

P.S. Make sure "slaves" does not contains local host's IP. :-)

--
HTH, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.