hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Nico Coetzee <nicc...@gmail.com>
Subject DEPRECATED: hadoop-site.xml found in the classpath.
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 06:28:01 GMT
Hi - I keep on getting this message and although everything works I suppose
I have to fix this at some point.

The full error:

09/07/24 07:12:57 WARN conf.Configuration: DEPRECATED: hadoop-site.xml found
in the classpath. Usage of hadoop-site.xml is deprecated. Instead use
core-site.xml, mapred-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml to override properties of
core-default.xml, mapred-default.xml and hdfs-default.xml respectively

My current hadoop-site.xml on my "master" node looks like this (in the
<configuration> section):

<property>
  <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
  <value>/tmp1</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>fs.default.name</name>
  <value>hdfs://node1:54310</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>mapred.job.tracker</name>
  <value>node1:54311</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>3</value>
</property>

I think the following:

* hadoop.tmp.dir goes into core-site.xml
* fs.default.name goes into core-site.xml
* mapred.job.tracker goes into mapred-site.xml
* dfs.replication goes into hdfs-site.xml

Is this right? I also assume I can then remove hadoop-site.xml?

Thanks

Nico