hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Edit link on jira.
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 00:47:42 GMT
As I understand it until recently we were able to edit comments, for
some reason it was changed. People found editing comments useful in
certain circumstances.

1) has editing of comments been a problem for the hadoop community --
were people misusing this?

2) email IS sent on every JIRA comment, including edits to comments. The
community can therefore review any edit, if there's an issue (misuse) it
can be rectified.

Given 1 & 2 I don't see why we should make a change to disallow comment
editing at this time.

Patrick