hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Amr Awadallah <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: ANNOUNCE: ParBASH 0.1 release - Hadoop through BASH
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 07:45:38 GMT
 >  How does this related to [bashreduce]

bashreduce has nothing to do with hadoop, it just implements a simple
version of the mapreduce framework using bash. It also doesn't have an
equivalent of HDFS (it relies on all the nodes having local copies or
access to a shared fs, or pass data using nc).

ParBASH is a extension to bash which allows you to write a job as if it
was a bash script, and parbash takes care of translating that to a
hadoop streaming job (very clever)

-- amr