hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jira notifications on common, hdfs, and mapreduce
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 20:29:00 GMT
Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> Actually, Thunderbird and Mutt are at least two which does thread JIRA's
> threads properly.
>
> The way they do so is exactly by using Message-ID and In-Reply-To fields
> of a RFC-822 header.

The Message-ID is different for each message, and is thus alone not
useful for threading.  I don't see an In-Reply-To header in Jira-sent
messages, nor a References header.  These are the preferred means for
threading according to RFC2822, although some readers thread by subject
too.  Thus all comments relative to an issue may be threaded, but not
together with other updates, like assignment, attachment, etc., since
these use different subjects.

For example, do you see these headers in http://tinyurl.com/lw3cse?

Doug