hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jira notifications on common, hdfs, and mapreduce
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 19:22:25 GMT
Arun C Murthy wrote:
> -1 from me.
> The create/resolve/reopen traffic is very minor compared to the
> comments. I'd prefer to have the whole thread in one place (*-issues)
> rather than fiddle with multiple mailboxes. *smile*

I assume you mean "thread" loosely, since all messages related to an
issue are not threaded together by any mail reader that I know of, since
Jira changes the subject and does not set a "References" or
"In-Reply-To" header.

You subscribe to both lists and really prefer receiving create/resolve
messages twice?

I subscribe to both, and have a filter that marks-as-read messages sent
to -issues, so I have the full set of messages available to searches,
but only am notified about new and watched issues.

Doug