hadoop-general mailing list archives

From jason hadoop <jason.had...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with starting the Jobtracker and thenamenode
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 13:25:32 GMT
You may need to delete the directory that you have configured for dfs
storage on all of the machines in your cluster.
The other issue that may happen is that the user that owns the
Namenode/Datanode processes does not have write permissions on the
filesystem structure to be used for dfs storage.

Does the namenode format command complete successfully?