hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jie Qiu <qiu...@cn.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HDFS name node HA roadmap
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 16:23:59 GMT
Hi Andrew,

Yes, our IBM is implementing HA for Hadoop which will be open sourced
soon. I think shv from Yahoo also post JIRA to describe this issue.

However, our approach may be different with shv. Let me discuss with shv
about how to combine our thoughts and implementation together.

True insight comes from within!

Qiu Jie

Autonomic Middleware and Service Delivery
IBM China Research Lab.
Tel: 8610-58748086  Tieline: 905-8086
FAX: 8610-58748330
Add.: Building 19 Zhongguancun Software Park, 8 Dongbeiwang WestRoad,
Haidian District, Beijing,P.R.C.100094
Email: qiujie@cn.ibm.com

Andrew Wharton <andrew.wharton@nokia.com>
2009-06-20 00:10
Please respond to
general@hadoop.apache.org

general@hadoop.apache.org
cc

Subject
HDFS name node HA roadmap

Hello,

My understanding is that the HDFS name node single point of failure will
be removed in Hadoop 0.21. Is that still the case? Also, what is the
expected delivery date of that release?

Thanks.

-- Andrew