hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Matei Zaharia <ma...@eecs.berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: Implementing join on hadoop
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 07:36:23 GMT
Hi Miryala,

In general you should use core-user@hadoop.apache.org (subscribe here: http://hadoop.apache.org/core/mailing_lists.html)

  for questions about using Hadoop. Anyway, joins and other SQL
operators are implemented by both the Hive and Pig Hadoop sub-projects
(linked at the top of http://hadoop.apache.org/) and by the DataJoin
library in Hadoop. Hive is the closest thing to a relational database
on Hadoop, supporting table schemas, a centralized metadata
repository, and a SQL-like query language. Pig is a high-level
language for writing Hadoop workflows that includes SQL operators.

Matei