hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jerome Boulon <jbou...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Question - Remote Logging to Hadoop
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 17:45:08 GMT
The documentation for chukwa has not been released yet but you can access it here:
http://people.apache.org/~eyang/docs/r0.1.2/index.html

/Jerome.

On 5/18/09 12:39 AM, "Arun C Murthy" <acm@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

On May 17, 2009, at 1:35 AM, Scott Mackenzie wrote:

> All,
>
> Does anyone have a working method to capture system and application
> logging for remote servers directly into HDFS in real-time?
>
> We have tested a few methods but all seem reliant on a batch process
> run every 5 to 10 minutes.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated?

Not exactly 'real-time', but you might want to take a look at Chukwa (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/chukwa/
).

Unfortunately I can't seem to find documentation for it, I'll try and
push the chukwa-devs.

Arun