hadoop-general mailing list archives

From George Pang <p09...@gmail.com>
Subject On usig Eclipse IDE
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 07:36:51 GMT
Dear Users,

I configure Eclipse Europa according to Yahoo tutorial on hadoop:
http://public.yahoo.com/gogate/hadoop-tutorial/html/module3.html

and in the instruction it goes about creating new DFS Location:

“…..Next, click on the “Advanced” tab. There are two settings here which
must be changed.

Scroll down to hadoop.job.ugi. It contains your current Windows login
credentials. Highlight the first comma-separated value in this list (your
username) and replace it with hadoop-user.”

I can’t find this attribute(hadoop.job.ugi) in the advance list from “Define
Hadoop location” on Eclipse. Do you have an idea?

My hadoop is installed on VM ware.

Thank you, fast reply will be much appreciated.

George