hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Bonesata <bones...@bonesata.com>
Subject (event) How Hadoop Enables Big Data for Every Enterprise
Date Sat, 09 May 2009 18:31:33 GMT

Registration: http://www.meetup.com/CIO-IT-Executives/calendar/10266376/

Do you have too much data? Do you find yourself discarding data due to performance and cost
considerations? Have you heard about Hadoop, but find yourself wondering how it fits with
the rest of your systems?

Come here the answers to these questions and more at Cloudera's office
on Tuesday May 19th.

This talk will provide a high level, mildly technical overview of Hadoop and existing architectures
for working with large volumes of data. We'll pay special attention to how to augment your
existing systems with Hadoop so each can focus on what they do best. Working together, they
can deliver a more powerful, scalable, and robust solution.

Our speaker: Christophe Bisciglia, Founder, Cloudera

Dinner will be served.