hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Amr Awadallah <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Question - Remote Logging to Hadoop
Date Mon, 18 May 2009 07:22:25 GMT
Scribe from Facebook:

http://developers.facebook.com/scribe/

-- amr
> All,
>
> Does anyone have a working method to capture system and application logging for remote
servers directly into HDFS in real-time?

> We have tested a few methods but all seem reliant on a batch process run every 5 to 10
minutes.

> Any ideas would be appreciated?
>

> Warm Regards,
>

> Scott
>
> ________________________________
> Disclaimer: This email and any attachments thereto are confidential and it may contain
information protected by intellectual Property Laws or otherwise legally privileged. It is
intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender immediately and delete this email and any attachments from your system and
destroy any printout thereof. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this email and its attachments
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. MEEZA QSTP-LLC (MEEZA) does not certify that this
email or any attachments are free of viruses or defects and recommends that you undertake
your own virus checking procedures before opening this e-mail or any attachments. MEEZA does
not accept any liability for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this e-mail or any
attachments. The contents of this e-mail and any attachments do not necessarily represent
the views or polices of MEEZA. As the integrity of e-mails across the internet cannot be guaranteed,
MEEZA does not accept any liability for any e-mails and attachments which may violate the
relevant applicable laws.