hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Vadim Zaliva <l...@codeminders.com>
Subject Re: [ask for help]Bad connection to FS. command aborted.
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:49:10 GMT

On Mar 24, 2009, at 14:44 , Grant Mackey wrote:

> Is this your first time using Hadoop? or was this cluster running
> and then broke? were you trying to update hadoop?

Grant,

The cluster is running for a while and I have quite a few tasks which
I am executing regularly. It is just and
intermittent problem which I observe only with PIG on some of tasks.

 From googling it seems like some deadlock bug in Java threading which
people reported on some other java programs,
not only pig/hadoop.

Vadim

--
"La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien a ajouter, mais
quand il ne reste rien a enlever."  (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)