hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Owen O'Malley" <...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we create sub-projects for HDFS and Map/Reduce?
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 06:12:13 GMT

On Aug 5, 2008, at 10:38 PM, Dhruba Borthakur wrote:

> Are you talking about sub-projects for core, hdfs and mapreduce?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yes, I mean creating new sub-projects. There
will clearly be overlap between the sub-projects in terms of
committers. In fact, all current Hadoop committers would be  on all 3.
It just feels like getting 100+ emails a day is overwhelming and most
of the developers specialize on one side or the other. So the division
seems pretty natural to me.

-- Owen