hadoop-general mailing list archives

From gmac...@cs.ucf.edu
Subject Re: how to distribute the data to all the datanodes?
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 17:29:26 GMT

I'm failing to see your question. If you only want one copy of the data
stored, but you want the 128MB to be replicated over your data nodes, then
you need to set the replication factor to 1. I'm surprised that it let you
set the factor to 0.

IF you were to set the replication value any higher than 1, then multiple
copies would exist, for redundancy, and would be distributed across the
three nodes.

hope this helps

 - Grant

--