hadoop-general mailing list archives

From gmac...@cs.ucf.edu
Subject Re: how to disperse the data uniformly?
Date Sat, 05 Jul 2008 19:13:37 GMT
for starters, you should probably change your replication value to
something other than 1, it kinda defeats the purpose of a parallel
distributed file system otherwise. What version of hadoop are you running?
you should just be able to run the command

$bin/hadoop balancer

to get the nodes balanced. However I don't remember what the tolerance
value on the balancer is for the generic hadoop-default.xml file is. Since
you only have 620MB on the cluster, then it might be within hadoop's range
of okay data distribution. Run the balancer first and see what happens\

 - Grant

--
Grant Mackey
UCF Researcher