hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "thopham.asnet" <thopham.as...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can anyone explain how to use hadoop plugin for eclipse?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:34:06 GMT
Hey Cai Xiao,
You should do the steps below:

1. Open the path $HADOOP_HOME/contrib/eclipse-plugin, you will find a
hadoop plugin for eclipse. Copy this .jar file to plugin folder of Eclipse.
2. Start Eclipse, select Windows\Preferences, then select Hadoop
Map/Reduce node, you have to point to the root directory of Hadoop
installation.
3. Restart Eclipse
4. Open Map/Reduce perspective in Eclipse
5. Create a new Map/Reduce server location by the instruction of the dialog.
6. Start your HDFS server and Map/Reduce master
7. Now, you can browse HDFS directory and submit your job to Map/Reduce
server

Good luck and have fun,

Ps: Don't forget setting necessary environment variables.

Best regards,
Tho Pham