From surendra lilhore <surendra.lilh...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: [HDFS] Monitor a directory
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2017 14:17:34 GMT
Hi Priyanka,

Currently Inotify is only one option available in HDFS to monitor the file system. It is not
supporting path based monitoring. Some work is in-progress to support it.

From: Priyanka Gugale [mailto:priyag@apache.org]
Sent: 17 April 2017 15:37
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: [HDFS] Monitor a directory

I would like to monitor a HDFS directory for any file addition/deletion/modification.
I see we have a inotify at file system level. I see two problems with it,
1. It has to be run as a DFSAdmin user.
2. I didn't find a way to monitor a particular folder, it monitors entire file system.

Is there any other way I can monitor a directory? Or is there something I am missing about

View raw message