From surendra lilhore <surendra.lilh...@huawei.com>
Subject Re:Hadoop HA, Standby Namenode principal Configuration
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 06:58:03 GMT
Hi Pushparaj,

Same configuration "dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal<http://dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal>"
can be used for both namenodes.
If for ex: "nn/_HOST@HADOOP.COM<mailto:_HOST@HADOOP.COM>" is configured in both Active
and standby NNs, "_HOST" will be replaced dynamically with fully qualified hostname while
considering.

1. Create two different principals nn/host1.domain.com<http://host1.domain.com>@HADOOP.COM
and nn/hos2.domain.com<http://hos2.domain.com>@HADOOP.COM
2. Configure "dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal<http://dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal>"
with "nn/_HOST@HADOOP.COM<mailto:_HOST@HADOOP.COM>"

Regards,
Surendra
From:Pushparaj Motamari
To:user@hadoop.apache.org
Date:2017-03-15 03:24:24
Subject:Hadoop HA, Standby Namenode principal Configuration

Hi,

I am trying to setup a secured hadoop cluster. In that, I do not find property key to specify
the principals for the active and standby namenodes.

There is one property key "dfs.namenode.kerberos.principal", in that I can specify only one
namenode's principal.

There is one property key  "dfs.secondary.namenode.kerberos.principal", but  that shouldn't
be useful since in Hadoop HA we don't use secondary Namenode.

There is way to define namenodes like below, but I do not find any way to specify principals
for them. Could somebody help me with this.

dfs.nameservices=syracuse

dfs.ha.automatic-failover.enabled=true

dfs.ha.namenodes.syracuse=nn1,nn2

# The fully-qualified RPC address for each NameNode to listen on
dfs.namenode.rpc-address.syracuse.nn1=namenode1:8020
dfs.namenode.rpc-address.syracuse.nn2=namenode2:8020

# The fully-qualified HTTP address for each NameNode to listen on
dfs.namenode.http-address.syracuse.nn1=namenode1:50070
dfs.namenode.http-address.syracuse.nn2=namenode2:50070

Regards
[https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]
Pushparaj