From Sirisha Cheruvu <sirisha5...@gmail.com>
Subject java.io.IOException: Not a data file error while running hive udf on avro table
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 07:41:14 GMT
Hi All,

I have an avro table with below properties.. When I run hive udf I am
getting below error..

Table Type:             MANAGED_TABLE
Table Parameters:
        COLUMN_STATS_ACCURATE   true
        numFiles                1
        numRows                 26
        rawDataSize             0
        totalSize               649
        transient_lastDdlTime   1486394558

# Storage Information
SerDe Library:          org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.avro.AvroSerDe
InputFormat:
 org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.avro.AvroContainerInputFormat
OutputFormat:
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.avro.AvroContainerOutputFormat
Compressed:             No
Num Buckets:            -1
Bucket Columns:         []
Sort Columns:           []
Storage Desc Params:
        serialization.format    1

*Error*

*Failed with exception
java.io.IOException:org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException:
java.io.IOException: Not a data file.        at
org.apache.avro.file.DataFileStream.initialize(DataFileStream.java:105)
  Is it error due to table or UDF and please let me know if you guys face
similar issue and could solve the same?*

Regards,
Sirisha Ch,
Phone:+91-9611482943