From priyanka gugale <pri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BigData New User
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 06:11:03 GMT
Hi Jeya,

I would suggest you start with basics, right from understanding distributed
systems then thorough understanding of hadoop and then lead to streaming
solutions and hadoop projects like hbase, hive etc.
Here
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOjagBEGEsg&list=PLjbstkfOBPNmi1h2GnTzcDn96eHIoxgNt&index=12>
is a link to webinar which explains yarn details as well as how streaming
platform Apache Apex leverage hadoop to run streaming solutions.

As I do work on Apache Apex project, I know there are lot many good
tutorials and study material available. This
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwRWBudOjg4&list=PLjbstkfOBPNmi1h2GnTzcDn96eHIoxgNt&index=34>
is about building your first streaming application. You don't have to learn
Apex only, as Iain suggested first decide you goal, the technologies you
would like to learn and then look up for material relevant to it.

When I switched to big data development, I knew little about these
technologies but had good basic understanding. That helped me. For
interviews, just make sure you learn few things better, interviewer wont'
ask you questions on things which you don't know.

All the best.

-Priyanka