From Viswanathan J <jayamviswanat...@gmail.com>
Subject [Urgent] - CDH upgrade v5.4.5 to v5.8 - Cluster to different Cluster upgrade
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2016 10:41:27 GMT
Hi Guys,

Currently we are running CDH version of 5.4.5 and planning to upgrade CDH
v5.8 in different cluster. We are planning to migrate data to the new
cluster through distcp after cluster upgrade.

*CDH (v5.4.5) :*

   - Hadoop v2.6.0
   - HBase v1.0.0

*CDH (v5.8) :*

   - Hadoop v2.6.0
   - HBase v1.2.0

Is the latest version will be backward compatible with the older version of
HDFS/HBase data?

Also we are storing the data based on pre-split. Will this upgrade cause
any data incompatible because of different version and cluster/zk nodes.

Please help on this.
--
Regards,
Viswa.J