From zhangjc <61736...@qq.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop source code modification.
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2016 04:30:10 GMT
Hi,
    I have the same error "Type AvroRecord cannot be resolved to a type”, and the solution
is:
    (1) Download the latest avro-tools from http://mirrors.cnnic.cn/apache/avro/avro-1.7.7/java/avro-tools-1.7.7.jar
<http://mirrors.cnnic.cn/apache/avro/avro-1.7.7/java/avro-tools-1.7.7.jar>.
    (2) Change directory to hadoop-2.7.3-src/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/test/avro,
and perform command:
        $ java -jar <avro-tools-jar-path>/avro-tools-1.7.7.jar compile schema avroRecord.avsc
../java/
        Note that this command will generate the corresponding java source file with avroRecord.avsc.
    (3)Refresh the hadoop-common project in Eclipse.

    My hadoop is 2.7.3, it works with avro-tools-1.7.7.jar, but not works with latest avro-tools-1.8.1.jar.

<mailto:mallanagouda.c.patil@gmail.com>> wrote:
> Hi,
> Some time back I have written an article on how to setup development environment for
Hadoop and also how to debug.