From Tanvir Rahman <tanvir9982...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why the default value of 'yarn.resourcemanager.container.liveness-monitor.interval-ms' in yarn-default.xml is so high?
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2016 19:12:18 GMT
Thank you Ravi for your reply.
I found one parameter 'yarn.resourcemanager.nm.liveness-monitor.interval-ms'
(default value=1000ms) in yarn-default.xml (v2.4.1) which determines how
often to check that node managers are still alive. So RM is checking
heartbeat of NM every second but it takes 10 min to decide whether the NM
is dead or not. (yarn.nm.liveness-monitor.expiry-interval-ms: How long to
wait until a node manager is considered dead; default value = 600000 ms).

What happens if RM finds that one NM's heartbeat is missing but it is not
10 min yet (yarn.nm.liveness-monitor.expiry-interval-ms time is not expired
yet)
Will a new application still make container request to that NM via RM?

Thanks
Tanvir