From kelly chen <kellyche...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject IllegalArgumentException: /tmp is a symbolic link to a directory STATUS: 500
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:48:22 GMT
Hi,
I used AWS EMR to create a hadoop vm and do my work.I got the following error:
com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
/tmp is a symbolic link to a directory STATUS: 500
The /tmp directory in an AWS EMR EC2 instance is a symbolic link and caused this error.
>From my google search:From http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/core-default.html"Setting
this to false causes an exception to be thrown upon encountering a symlink." However, the
default value is already set to true.Appreciate anyone facing this issue can share their experience.
Thanks! Kelly