From Rakesh Radhakrishnan <rake...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to configure hdfs in a federation mode and in an HA mode in the same time?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 03:39:30 GMT
Yes, it is possible is to enable HA mode and Automatic Failover in
a federated namespace. Following are some of the quick references, I feel
its worth reading these blogs to get more insight into this. I think, you
can start prototyping a test cluster with this and post your queries to
this forum if you face any issues while setting up, some of us will help
you.

http://pe-kay.blogspot.in/2016/02/configuring-federated-hdfs-cluster-with.html
http://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-6-x/topics/cdh_hag_hdfs_ha_enabling.html
https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0/bk_hadoop-ha/content/ha-nn-config-cluster.html